The District’s Driver Education Program is certified by the New York State Department of Driver Traffic Safety Education (NYSDTSE) and is available for high school students who are at least sixteen (16) years of age on or before the registration date for each session. The New York State Education Department Guidelines for Driver Traffic Safety Education require a minimum of 24 hours of classroom instruction (lecture) and 24 hours of laboratory (in-car) instruction. This means that a student must fulfill all 48 hours of the program in order to receive an MV-285 certificate. While seniors have preference in registering, the program is available to juniors as well. Registration and payment is completed through www.MySchoolBucks.com
**Spring Driver Education**
Tuesday, January 31, 2023 through June 23, 2023
Seniors may register beginning Tuesday, January 17th and Wednesday, January 18th
Juniors may register beginning Thursday, January 19th and Friday, January 20th
- The fee of $605.00 can be paid via www.MySchoolBucks.com at the time of registration approximately two weeks prior to the start of each session. Refunds are NOT available for this program.
- Every student must have their driver’s permit and a signed permission slip on the first day of class. Copies must be emailed before the first meeting.
- The district enforces a very strict attendance policy in order to abide by New York State regulations.
- Attendance at ALL lectures and driving lessons is required. Absences: Only one (1) absence per session will be allowed. Students must arrange for a make-up of the missed lecture or drive. No refunds will be issued for non-attendance.
- Student and Parent(s) please review the lecture and drive schedule and ensure there are no conflicts with your personal schedules including work, vacations, athletics, Dr. appointments, etc. If date conflicts are evident you should not enroll. No refunds can be issued after the start of the course.
- According to NYS DTSE regulation, a student who does not comply with the attendance policy cannot be awarded their Certificate of Completion at the end of the program.
- Road tests should not be scheduled until you are in possession of your certificate.
- The Driving School with which we contract, Suffolk Auto, is requiring the use of a mask while in the car.